Summary: Basic care and husbandry of Aquarium and Shark Experience collection
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide in tank maintenance including scrubbing algae, vacuuming sand, cleaning windows, removing decorations for acid washing, and redecorating
• Prepare fish and marine life diets; thaw food product and prepare food as dictated by food charts
• Check the health and appearance of the fish on a daily basis and report any problems immediately to the Aquarium Manager
• Check pumps and filters and report any filtration problems to the Aquarium Manager.
• Perform housekeeping duties.
• Assist with water changes as assigned
• Perform quarantine procedures including observation of new specimen, detection of diseases under supervision
• Assist in changing tank displays and graphics
• Interpret results from water quality tests and make adjustments to tanks as needed
• Perform basic laboratory duties as assigned including slide preparation; perform necropsy
• Assist in the collection of specimens
• Assist in weekly dive presentations
• Other duties and special projects as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
• Must possess prior experience with aquarium systems and tropical fish
• Must possess mechanical aptitude and have the knowledge to use basic power and hand tools
• Must be able to work with chemicals and follow SDS and have knowledge of basic chemistry.
• Must be available to work weekends, holidays and evenings as assigned
• SCUBA certification required. Must possess an open water dive certification from a recognized agency or be able to obtain one in 3 months of hire.
• Must possess the mental and physical capacities necessary to perform the job duties
• Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.; must be able to work in and around cold saltwater and electrical equipment
• Must be physical able to sit, stand ,walk ,duck ,crawl climb stairs and ladders, work at heights with fall protection, swim, and pass an annual physical exam and stress test.
• Must be able to read, write and speak in English.
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must possess a valid driver license and be able to operate vehicles (including but not limited to forklifts, golf carts, cars, trucks).
• Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
Safety Sensitive Position
Qualified Candidates may apply online at www.SixFlagsJobs.com
Contact recruiter, Erin Seeley, at [email protected] with questions or concerns.