This position is responsible for operation, maintenance and repair of the Aquarium’s facilities, grounds, and equipment. Schedule and conduct preventative maintenance of equipment, including but not limited to pumps, FCUs, ice machines, water fountains, doors, etc.
Functions & Responsibilities
• Maintain the preventative maintenance program of all designated equipment through the manufacturers’ scheduled maintenance for all equipment.
• Identify and record all maintenance performed to equipment according to approved protocols and procedures.
• Identify problems and communicate concerns and issues to ensure safety for guests, staff and the animal collection.
• Work closely with the Animal Care team to ensure that all maintenance being undertaken is communicated and performed safely for team members and animals under our care.
• Perform inspections, preventative maintenance, routine upkeep, cleaning and repair of all facility equipment.
• Perform general facility repair and maintenance.
• Repair drywall and paint as necessary.
• Monitor the building maintenance inventory and departmental expenditure as it pertains to maintenance in order to reduce loss/waste, control costs and accurately communicate expenses.
• Maintain up-to-date records on maintenance activities.
• Assist in emergency situations to minimize damage, loss or injury to guests, team members, animals or company property.
• In collaboration with Guest Experience Department and the Aquarium Foundation, ensure public spaces are maintained to a high level.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience
Knowledge & Skills
• One year + in a similar position preferred.
• Ability to adhere to OSHA standards and proper use of personal protective equipment.
• Skilled in general construction, troubleshooting mechanical systems and the safe use of tools required.
• Excellent time management skills preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.