Manager of Maintenance & Life Support Systems
Ripley’s Aquarium of Myrtle Beach is searching for a Manager of Maintenance and Life Support Systems (LSS) to lead our operations department. The right candidate will supervise Maintenance, LSS and Housekeeping with a staff of over 20 between the five area attractions. The right candidate will bring with them the ability to work with and guide staff members and also have enough technical knowledge to do light computer work.
Functions & Responsibilities
• Following all safety procedures including wearing proper gloves and following chemical handling guidelines. Encourage coworkers to do the same.
• Holding the health and well-being of our exhibits as a top priority.
• Maintaining LSS spare parts inventory adequate to repair any foreseen and/or recurring breakdowns.
• Writing and updating training for all LSS Operators to ensure adequate coverage of all circumstances.
• Scheduling, overseeing, and following up on all maintenance repairs. All equipment is to remain in good repair and full functional.
• Maintaining a positive work attitude and being a team player.
• Maintaining all back of the house areas to the same cleanliness standard as the front of the house.
• Reporting to work on time and in proper uniform.
• Proper record keeping for all equipment and systems.
• Immediately correcting anything that is broken or in need of attention in the public areas.
• Completing projects accurately, thoroughly, completely and in a timely manner. All repairs are to be done the right way, not shortcuts and avoid quick, improper fixes.
• Maintaining work areas in a neat and orderly fashion.
• Communicating with and supporting Director of Operations and Husbandry staff as needed.
• Completing LSS rounds as needed.
• Following proper procedures for starting up and shutting down the building as needed.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
• Possess basic knowledge of aquarium and provide assistance and information to guests as needed.
• Helping with other positions throughout the aquarium and any other duties deemed necessary.
Skills & Experience
Knowledge & Skills
• Self-motivated and productive
• Must have flexible schedule
• Must be fluent in English
• Ability to work in confined spaces (Preferred)
Education & Experience
• At least 2 Yrs. experience in water treatment, LSS, or water park maintenance
• At least 3 Yrs. in a supervisory role in a maintenance environment
• 5 years of supervisory/management experience (Preferred)
• Experience supervising multiple shifts, including overnight (Preferred)
• Associates Degree (Preferred)
• Working indoors and outdoors
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
• Working on stepladders or lifts, reaching overhead, bending, and stooping
• The job is on-call as well as a regular full-time shift
• The working conditions include but are not limited to working outdoors, indoors, in the rain, in the sun, and hot temperatures