Water Quality Technician
The Water Quality Technician is responsible for the maintenance of the aquatic animal life support systems (LSS).
Functions & Responsibilities
Essential Job Duties:
• Follow all policies and procedures of Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, Animal Care, and the Water Quality Department.
• Adhere to all federal and state guidelines, regulations, and laws.
• Perform regular mechanical, electrical, and plumbing repairs and preventative maintenance.
• Basic operation of all LSS with some supervision.
• Conduct rounds of all filtration areas to inspect pumps, motors, generators, chillers, boilers, and other LSS equipment.
• Basic water testing using correct lab practices and procedures.
• Supervised addition of chemicals to LSS.
• Maintain communication with Supervisors and other disciplines within the Life Support Team and Animal Care Departments.
• Use computers for communication, LSS monitoring/operation, reference, and reports/logs.
• Keep records and inventory.
• Assist in animal medical procedures.
• Assist in animal moves and transport operations.
• Perform educational lectures and conduct tours as assigned.
• Participate in the inter- and intra-departmental cross training program.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience
Education & Experience
• Must possess a background with plumbing, mechanical and electrical repair work.
• Must be physically able to sit, stand, walk, duck, crawl, climb stairs and ladders, work at heights with fall protection, swim, and pass an annual physical exam and stress test.
• Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak in English.
• Must be able to use mathematics including geometry and algebra.
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Must be able to work days, nights, holidays, and weekends.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to operate vehicles (including but not limited to forklifts, golf carts, cars, trucks).
• Must be able to work with chemicals and follow MSDS/SDS.