Life Support System Manager
Reporting to the Director of Husbandry, the Life Support System Manager is responsible for operating and maintaining all aquatic Life Support Systems (LSS) in the 46,000-square-foot facility and managing a staff of three LSS Technicians and Trainees.
Functions & Responsibilities
• Monitor all phases of aquarium exhibit and water treatment processing.
• Maintain LSS equipment and processes for normal operation and make necessary repairs or changes.
• Work side-by-side with Director of Husbandry, General Manager, Operations Manager, and Maintenance Manager in a professional and collaborative manner.
• Lead other LSS staff in performing daily preventative and corrective maintenance as needed.
• Plan for and oversee capital improvements, long term maintenance & LSS enhancement projects.
• Order and maintain stock of required spare parts, tools, and instruments.
• Follow and maintain all safety policies and procedures.
• Maintain all necessary logs and records and produce regular reports.
Skills & Experience
Knowledge & Skills
• Minimum of five years of experience in aquatic animal life support systems or similar industrial processing plant work experience.
• At least five years in a supervisory role in a maintenance environment.
• At least two years of experience in water treatment, LSS, waterpark or building maintenance.
• Strong knowledge of general maintenance, water & wastewater systems, and water chemistry.
• Ability to perform and/or direct operation and repair of life support systems and equipment.
• Knowledge of safety requirements and protocols.
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office is preferred.
Education & Experience
Four-year college degree or two-year trade school degree is preferred.
Aquarium at the Boardwalk in Branson, MO was built with a deep commitment to the animals in our care and a passion for creating a uniquely fun environment for our Guests. Since opening on November 23, 2020, visitors have been thrilled to connect with more than 200 species of fish and invertebrates in approximately 400,000 gallons of saltwater, encompassing 27 exhibits and touch pools.
Our hallmark at Kuvera Partners is developing immersive experiences for guests to enjoy while on vacation, giving them great value and great memories. Located in the heart of the Branson Entertainment District, the Aquarium has already become a popular year-round draw for this tourist destination that welcomes 8.5 million travelers per year.
Visitors and locals alike enjoy the Ozark Mountains for its lakes, waterfalls, trails, caves, and parks.
The community is also known for its safe and affordable lifestyle, with housing costs at 23.5% less than the national average.